Monday, January 28, 2008

Play

In Dr. Edwin class, he had given us a task, an interesting task. He asked us to do a play. In a group of two or three, we are assigned to do action on one text. With an expression and creativity, we were asked to do different kind of play using only one text. It is sound unfamiliar to us, especially me because I never done it before. So, as a group, we practiced doing lots of expressions on the text.

After giving us lots of time, Dr. Edwin called up names and asked to do the play. There are three groups, he called to show up. Three groups with three different expressions. Is it wonderful? Group Izwan and Khairil, who is the lucky person I guess, had been chosen. They used the text and pretend like they are in a coffeehouse. Their play is hilarious!

That day, we laugh so much to see our colleague do their play. I think the whole class are enjoying themselves. Last but not least, it is good to have different kind of activities to make the learning worth.

1 comment:

Eunice MiKuMiKu said...

The best way to learn what a play is is by involving yourself in a play. I think this is why Dr. Edwin wanted us to have a role-play that day. I was quite impressed by one of the groups that Dr. Edwin said, which is the group that pretended as two chickens talking with each other. That is really interesting and creative. This way of learning can create the interest of students towards play and caught their attention in the learning process. Maybe one day I will make this as one of the activities in my class too.