Friday, March 21, 2008

What do you feel when you evaluating others?

When evaluating others and being evaluate it is different feelings. Being evaluated will make you nervous and afraid but when I evaluating others such as my friends I will feel happy and can look at other’s weakness so that I can used it to cover my own weakness. Accessing others not really easy job that you can take lightly. You have to pay attention on what your friends are saying and the message that him or her try to convey. Your judgment is important to your friends because with the evaluation, he or she can know their weakness and strong points on their teaching. Given comment unnecessarily is prohibited as this can affect your friends. So, as a person who is accessing others I was really taking a cautious step so that my friends that I access will not hurt by my comment. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be good in accessing others that fact cannot be denied but at the same time you should take cautious steps. Evaluating people is a stage that will make us be creative and critics. We ought to use our brain to evaluate others and this might make us creative and critic’s thinker. Before I rest my case, I would like to emphasize here that evaluated others will make me feel happy but it is not an easy job as you might think.

2 comments:

Eunice MiKuMiKu said...

I agree with you that evaluating others is not an easy job. We have to put full attention on others teaching. Sometimes I really fed up with those who speak softly in front of the class. I really cant put full attention on those who speak softly in the class. Anyway, I do not think that it is a fear when being evaluated by others. For me, by others comments, i would know what is my weakness in teaching and i could change it in my others teaching. Evaluating people is a great experience and being evaluated is very challenging.

emeliea said...

Hi Sofia...
As you said, evaluating others is not an easy job. I also used to evaluate others and comparing their presentation with mine. Although I went through so many presentations before, no matter as a presenter or as an audince, I'm still hesitated in evaluating others. This is because I have to take a cautios steps, as you said, in order to state my comments. As we all know, in Malaysia, it is quite unacceptable if we directly criticize others. We must use polite language to conveys our meaning. Although we are asked to evaluate our friends' teaching, we are still cannot be too cruel and harsh in our comments. A good critic is the one that can help us to improve our self-confidence.