Friday, March 21, 2008

What do you feel when your friends evaluate you on your microteaching?

I was totally nervous when I am teaching in front of the class, like normal people do. So, for amateur person like me, it is really a tough time while teaching in front of others especially in front of my friends because they will access me. Tense will be all over my body. During microteaching, I was given my best so that I can score good judgment from all of my friends. I was nervous yet I have to put it a side my feeling in order to make my lesson successful. In order to do so, I will make sure I done exactly what Dr. Edwin ask me to do for exercises. Apart from exercises, I also will make sure I used correct pronunciations and grammar. All these are important since evaluating is based on these items. It was a quite tough for me as my grammar and pronunciation sometimes not in a correct order. Eventually, during microteaching I was able to do my best and it was a big relieve. Nervous, afraid of being evaluate are part and partial for human being, after that it will gone. The evaluation towards me can make me mature and at the same time I can improve myself to be better person or might I say teacher when I was out for teaching someday.

2 comments:

khairil said...

I agree with you that all of us cannot run away from being nervous in front of people because we are still learning to improve ourselves. Besides, the judgment from our friends can either be bad or good, depends on how we presenting the simulated teaching. Still, this simulated teaching or microteaching is good as for one of the ways to improve our skills and methods in teaching. Who knows, by using all of the evaluations done by our friends; we can take this as an opportunity to undo our mistakes in the near future and somehow improved ourselves.

nadia said...

I am totally agreed with when you are stressing more on the feeling of nervousness. It is normal for us as students. But later we will improve ourselves, right. I, also, had a very tough time in preparing the micro teaching. Maybe for the preparation of activities, I can still manage it appropriately, but later on, when the time came, I start to make things spoiled. Most of the time, my grammar and pronunciation are really trouble. I also have a great problem with my pause, I mean, hesitation. I am still trying to improve myself. It is really irritating; I just can’t manage to control it smoothly. Overall, evaluations from others have actually motivates us, and I agree when you state that it makes us matured and more alert about things surround.